With all the supplements available at the drug store or online today, it’s a wonder consumers can make heads or tails of what’s healthy, what’s necessary and what’s beneficial for them.
And, many “healthy” supplements have unpleasant side effects, so how does one make a choice about what to take?
It’s true, we could probably benefit from taking a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
But why piece together a set of supplements that only provide a few benefits when one simple fish oil capsule can provide a host of benefits with few to no drawbacks?
Typically, fish oil capsules are associated with weight loss, and there is some buzz about fish oil capsules improving the condition of hair and skin.
However, the best fish oil capsules provide a host of benefits in one simple supplement. No need to buy bottles and bottles of supplements when so many benefits can be obtained from just one: fish oil capsules.
Fish oil capsules improve the function of nearly all of the body’s systems, and more healthy effects are being discovered regularly. Fish oil capsules can provide the following health benefits:
- Cardiovascular health, lowered cholesterol and lowered triglycerides
- Improved brain function, focus, concentration
- Reduced depression and improved symptoms of bipolar disorder
- May prevent schizophrenia or lessen the effects of the disease
- Healthier skin, reduced acne and fewer wrinkles
- Reduces or prevents post-partum depression
- Improves ocular health, vision and prevents macular degeneration
- Promotes fat loss and increases metabolism
- Reduces inflammation in the body and eases the pain of arthritis
- Helps improve symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- Heals peptic ulcers and reduces symptoms of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
The most common side effect of taking fish oil capsules is actually more of a manageable nuisance. Some individuals taking fish oil capsules report instances of “fish burps,” but there are several strategies to help reduce these gastrointestinal inconveniences:
- Take fish oil capsules with food
- Freeze fish oil capsules
- Drink a large glass of water with fish oil capsules
- Choose only pure, natural fish oil capsules with no synthetic ingredients
A few other side effects have been reported in rare instances, but are often connected to existing medical conditions or other prescription medications.
People taking blood thinners may experience increased bruising or reduced clotting abilities and should consult a doctor before taking fish oil capsules.
Typically, if you are taking any prescription medication or have an existing medical condition, as with any supplements, it is wise to discuss your regime with a physician before beginning to take fish oil capsules.
Symptoms of omega-3 deficiency may include:
- Excessive ear wax
- Sun-induced headaches
- Slow healing of open wounds
- Depressed moods or irritability; mood swings
- Frequent yeast infections
- Dry skin or dandruff
- Chronic inflammation or inflammatory diseases
- Craving fatty foods
- Cramping in the legs, especially when walking
- Joint pain
- Fuzzy thinking or inability to concentrate/focus
- Type II diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Extreme fatigue
If you experience any of these symptoms, it may be wise for you to try fish oil capsules or discuss fish oil capsule treatment with your physician.
Even healthy adults are recommended to get more omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. I can say from personal experience that fish oil supplements have improved my health tremendously.
You may find that one simple fish oil capsule regimen may relieve a host of the above symptoms without requiring many different medications and supplements. Fish oil capsules are not only good for the body and mind, they’re good for your wallet as well!
If you want to learn more about the purified fish oil my family and I use on a daily basis, you can learn more by clicking here.
Photo by Stephen